to join PANO its never been easier.
HERE to download the PANO Deduction Form.
Second Print out the form.
Third fill out all the highlighted
areas, don't forget to sign and date it !
Fourth give it to a PANO
rep, PANO board member, or drop it off or mail it to the PANO office.
Its that simple !
|In the beginning...
the climate was more than hot on July 28, 1969 in the city that
Have you forgotten?
Or are you just to young to remember?
PANO was there and hasn't forgotten you!
Patrolman Peter E. Bergeron
Badge # 1544
First PANO member killed in the line of duty.
...in the 1960's the political unrest was unprecedented domestically
and abroad. With the infancy of technology and the frontier of space
came the assassinations of President Kennedy and Dr. King, now in
the annals of history. President Lyndon Johnson's "Great Society"
was in flames...civil rights protest...racial integration...Vietnam
anti-war demonstrations...sec, drugs, and rock'n roll the prevailing
attitude... the French connection heroin epidemic exploding from
New York to L.A....unprecedented crime increases...cries of police
brutality...Miranda vs. Arizona...all billowed in its smoke. The
nation sent YOU to extinguish the blaze...Why?
Because as the far most extremity of the Government with the most
visibility and authority YOU were also the most vulnerable, controllable,
and unfortunately, expendable...How?
YOU had no representation to...
* defend yourself in court with exhaustive appeals
* help in the event of death or disability
* challenge unfair disciplinary actions
* no police officers "Bill of Rights"
* no appeal process for promotions and disciplinary dispositions
* unions were unspeakable for police
* no chance of benefiting from class action suits
* curtail the exploitation of dedication to duty
* receive fair wages for honest, dangerous, and meritorious work
* decent working conditions and equipment
You had the problems of political leaders and their agendas fitted
as a yoke on YOUR shoulder and were blamed for their blunders...without
regard to race creed, gender, or tenure...until you fought back.
The Police Association of New Orleans was born, and with the battle
lines clearly drawn, the conflict and struggles would rage for decades
with too many injustices and personal sacrifices on both sides to
recount...as well as victories...victims...and even a labor strike.
As in the course of human events, many leaders emerged from the
fray...but one stood above the rest in the light of YOUR triumph...Sergeant
Ron is gone...but the legacy of the many victories and advances
under his leadership have endured and are enjoyed by the law enforcement
community everywhere. One fact you can't doubt is that YOU are now
represented on the federal, state, and local levels regardless of
whether or not YOU are a member of PANO.
PANO needs YOU...and YOU need PANO for...
* 24 hour legal and administrative representation
* Civil Service appeals on ALL disciplinary actions
* Beneficiary of class actions suits affecting law enforcement
* Voice in governmental concerns
* Supplemental health and care benefits
* Emergency relief and general concern for the welfare of members
* Career investment for YOUR loved ones to ensure you rich tradition
If the liability and sacrifice of 30 bucks a month is too great
to ensure YOUR well being, or perhaps the one-sided injustice that
YOU may have suffered is too great for the common good, then maybe
YOU are in the wrong profession!
It's up to YOU...for US...
Contact your PANO office
504-942-2454...and join the TEAM...
YOU deserve it...